Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between bridal and wedding guest services?
Wedding guest service takes about one hour while the bridal service takes about two hours. Bridal services are more detailed, to ensure that the bride stands out among the crowd.
Can I use the wedding guest service for my Solemnisation or Wedding day?
We do not encourage brides to opt for the wedding guest service for your solemnisation/ casual prewedding shoot and/or wedding day. Wedding guest service a basic package and our artists will not be able to bring out the desired details and effects to ensure that you stand out among the crowd on your special day. If you choose to do so, please understand that your final look will not be similar to portfolios you saw on our website.
How do I decide how many numbers of looks I need for my wedding?
Here are some considering factors:
a) The number of events that are happening through the wedding day - Say you have Holy Matrimony in the afternoon, and a dinner banquet thereafter, you might want to consider having two different looks even if you are only wearing one dress. Each look that our Maestro Artist design will be based on the event setup and theme of the event.
b) The number of dresses you have - Well, you have spent some bucks on getting different dresses, let our Maestro Artist designs each look that best suit each dress design.
c) Skin condition - Unfortunately, not every one of us is blessed with porcelain skin. Futhermore, with Singapore being so hot and humid, we tends to get sweaty and the face gets oily after a few hours. In cases like this, you might want to consider getting more looks and have the makeup artist touch up your makeup in between important events of the day.
Nobody likes Hidden Charges!
We are not a fan too, that is why when you inquire with us, we will share all possible charges based on the services that you require. We will also include an itemised invoice so that you are aware of what you are paying for.
Makeup & Hairstyling Trial
Can I do a trial session before confirming the artist?
Of course, you can! But before you book a trial session, there are a few things to take note of:
a) The fee for the trial is $300 and cannot be used to offset the bridal package.
b) Please note that your wedding date remains open for booking by other brides until you have made the deposit to secure the date. Therefore, we suggest that you go for the trial as early as possible.
Where is the trial conducted?
It will be conducted in Makeup Maestro's Studio, located at 36A Sago Street Singapore 059027 (level 2 of shophouse). You will need to take the stairs through the entrance in beside the famous chinese pastry shop – 大中国.
Nearest drop off point by Taxi /Grab
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple: 288 South Bridge Road Singapore 058840
Nearest car park
1) Chinatown Complex Multi-Storey Carpark (Gantry)
335 Smith Street Singapore 050335
2) Public Carpark beside Tooth Relic Temple (Coupon)
5 Banda St, Singapore 050005
Nearest MRT Station
Chinatown, Exit A, Pagoda Street
Walk towards Trengganu Street and turn left onto Sago Street.
When is the best time to do a trial?
We recommend the trial to be done 2-4 weeks before your service date. This will give you sufficient time for preparations to achieve the desired makeup and hairstyling look on your wedding date.
The trial will be conducted on a weekday (excluding public holiday and eve of public holiday) at either 11am or 3pm based on artist's availability. Each trial will take approximately 2 to 3 hours. During the trial, our artist will consult you on your preferred wedding looks, and you will get to see yourself in at least one proposed look.
Can I use my trial for Pre-Wedding / Solemnisation / Causal Shoot?
As the trial is an experimental session to get the most desired look on your wedding day, it is not optimum to use it for other purposes such as solemnisation / engagement shoot / casual shoot etc as minimal hair products will be used to allow multiple changes.
It is important to us that you look your best, if you wish to keep the look from the trial for such events, please inform your makeup artist in advance so that extra efforts can be put into touching up of the makeup and hairstyling for your event. Such efforts will require an additional service fee of $400 (Principal Artist) or $300 (Artist).
What to prepare for trial?
1) You may only invite one guest for the trial as spaces in the studio are limited.
2) Please come without any makeup. If you need to wear makeup on the day before the trial, ensure that you bring along your makeup removal, facial cleanser and your usual skincare to replenish your skin.
3) On the night before the trial, avoid using hair serum or conditioner. On the day of the trial, do not wash your hair. This will help our artists determine your hair condition throughout the day so that they can design the most suitable hairstyle for you.
4) Identify a few preferred sample looks from the artist’s portfolio. This will aid in helping them understand your preference.
5) Lastly, wear a white dress or top. This will help you better visualize yourself in your wedding gown when you wear a similar colour.
Loan of Accessories (For Brides only)
All Maestro Artists have their own personal collection of hair accessories. You can request to view their collection during the trial. A security deposit of $100 is required for our artists to loan any pieces of accessories to you. All loaned accessories must be returned either personally, by courier or registered mail within the 3 working days from your wedding date. Please do not use normal mail as we are not responsible for lost mails, and the deposit will only be refunded when we received all accessories loaned in good condition.
Check availability > Secure your booking with 50% deposit > Confirmation of booking and final payment
(1) Check availability
Once you have confirmed the date, time, location of service and choice of makeup artist, our team will send you a booking summary with rate of the services. If there are any surcharges, you will also be notified in the booking summary. You do not have to worry about any hidden cost(s) as all our rates and surcharges (if applicable) are available on our website.
To get a quote from us, simply send the following details to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of event:
Location of service:
Type of service required: Wedding/Solemnization/Wedding guests
No. of look(s) & ready time:
Preferred Maestro Artist:
(2) Secure your event date and time with a 50% deposit
A non-refundable/transferrable 50% deposit of the total service fee (including any applicable surcharges) has to be made to Makeup Maestro’s DBS Account within 2 working days from the date the summary of booking is sent to you via email. Please notify us via email at email@example.com once payment is made. If the payment is not received within 2 working days, we will free up the slot for other bookings.
(3) Confirmation of booking and final payment
Once the deposit has been made and received by us, you are deemed to have accepted all the terms and conditions. Our team will then send you an invoice containing the finalised details. Any change of time is subject to artist's availability.
4) Balance amount to be cleared 3 days prior to the service date
A friendly email reminder will be sent to you for the balance payment. Kindly clear the balance amount 3 calendar days prior to the service date and all payments received are non-refundable or transferable to other packages.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please read all the terms and conditions carefully before making any payment. Upon placing the 50% deposit, the client is deemed agreeable to all terms and conditions.
1) To confirm your booking, the full deposit has to be transferred to Makeup Maestro’s DBS corporate Account within 48 hours from the time an email summary of the booking is sent to the client.
2) No refunds, either in part or full, will be made in the event the client wishes to cancel, amend or downgrade your booking after payment is received.
3) Any upgrades or add-on services are subject to Maestro Artists' availability.
4) All balance payment has to be cleared 3 days before the service date.
5) Unless expressly stated by the client in writing, Makeup Maestro shall reserve the right to use images and videos resulting from this assignment as Makeup Maestro's portfolio works.
Mode of Payment
How do I make payment using PayNow?
For payment via PayNow, scan the QR CODE shown.
1. Input deposit amount
2. Please indicate your name & wedding day [Example: Linda20022021] under transaction reference
3. Once you have made the payment, inform us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or whatsapp to 9111 7539 so that we can check to make sure we have received the deposit into our account.
Note: If your preferred bank app does not provide scan QR Code option, you may enter 'Unique Entity Number (UEN)' instead of mobile number and enter Makeup Maestro's UEN
Can I make payment using International Money Transfer?
For payment via International Money Transfer,
all wired transfer charges and fees are to be borne by the client. We recommend using Transferwise online service for the transfer.
Other Information for International Money Transfer
Name of Beneficiary Bank: DBS Bank
Address of Beneficiary Bank: 12 Marina Boulevard, DBS Asia Central, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, Singapore 018982
SWIFT Address/ Code: DBSSSGSG
NOTE: All payments will be verified within 2 working day from the date we are notified of the payment via email, Whatsapp or telephone. Please note that interbank transfers (i.e. non-DBS bank) may take up to 3 working days to be reflected in our account and hence our verifications of interbank payments may take longer than 2 working days to complete.